|| Or call us on 020 8800 6621
HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE QCF LEVEL 2 (funding available)
Who is it for?
This quali?cation has been developed to help learners build the knowledge and skills needed when working under supervision with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age. It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas working in children’s settings including early years and social care.
It is also a must-have for all those undertaking the Level 2 Children and Young People’s Apprenticeship.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who wants to work, or has just started to work in the children and young people’s workforce.
What are the entry requirements?
- You should be at least 16 years old.
- GCSE or equivalent A-C
Mandatory Entry Requirements
- DBS is required
- Interview and assessment
What will I study?
The level 2 Certificate is made up of mandatory and optional units.The total minimum credit value needed to achieve the qualification is 35. 29 credits must be achieved from Mandatory Units and a further 6 credits must be achieved from Optional Units.
Level 2 Certificate in Childcare and young people’s workforce
There are 11 mandatory units:
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and
young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s
and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s
and young people’s settings
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people%s positive behaviour
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Contribute to children and young people%s health and safety
- Contribute to the support of the positive environments for children
and young people
- Understand partnership working in services for children and
Units are chosen to build achievement credit to 35.
How long is the Course?
What is the fee?
Applicants may be eligible to full or partly funded training
- 16 -18 are eligible for full funded training
- 19 – 23 are eligible for partial funding via apprenticeship
See Tuition Fee List
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
Yes, you will need to be working or volunteering on practical placement as you need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
Placement hours : 200
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
• Assistant Pre-school Workers
• Assistant in Children%s Centre
• Assistant in Day Nurseries, Nursery Schools and Nursery Classes
What related qualifications can you progress to?
It provides a direct progression route to the Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce as they share a number of units.
What to do next?
If you require more information, or to find out the cost of the course and how to apply contact us: T: 0208 800 6621 E: email@example.com W: www.citylbc.com